7 Hills Recording Studio
WE ARE VERY CAUTIOUSLY REOPENING under King County guidelines. Facemasks and social distancing practices are required, a full COVID-19 policy is available here.
7 Hills is a small/mid-sized recording studio in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle (since 2000!). We have everything you need to make a record that sounds amazing, and we're walking distance to restaurants, bars, coffee, and groceries.
THE STUDIO SPACE
The studio is large space, but compact by big-studio standards. It's a great size for bands to record a quick album or EP, track overdubs for a larger project, or capture solo performances in room with excellent acoustics.
The Performance Room boasts high-ceilings and a unique room design that brings out the best in drums, horns, strings, and large instruments. An adjacent Iso Booth provides isolation for amps or quiet vocals, and lines to the bathroom offer one more space to isolate an amp. The Control Room has been acoustically treated for a balanced frequency response.
We record using Pro Tools HD, with 24 channels of I/O and a great analog signal path - vintage Trident TSM console, classic & modern analog equipment (API, Chandler, Summit, & more), tube & low-noise mics (AKG, Neumann, Sennheiser, & more). Capture great sounds and listen back to every detail on great monitors. Full gear list availabe on request.
We keep the heavy stuff on hand for convenience and tonal options. Available instruments include:
- Drums: Ludwig 1967 Super Classic set (22" kick, 16" floor, & 13" rack), 14" Pearl Free Floating snare,
- Keys: Wurlitzer 140b, Nord Lead 2, Microkorg
- Amps: Ampeg PF-20T , Fender Champ, Fender DeVille, Fender Twin Reverb, Kalamazoo Reverb 12, Marshall JCM900, MESA/Boogie Dual Rectifier, Peavy Centurion Mark III
- Cabs: Ampeg HE-115 (fliptop combo w/ PF-20T), Marshall 1960AV, Marshall 1960BX, Soldano 2x12, SWR Goliath
- Other: Tambourines, Shakers, Melodian, Misc. Noisemakers
Contact: Please email booking7hills (a) gmail.com, with any questions. To discuss details, please provide a brief overview of the songs, instrumentation, and if you have any important ideas/goals for the recording process.
Rate: $350/day with engineer. Freelance engineers welcome, please inquire.